Mehndi ceremony evokes a lot of excitement and thrill in both young and old people alike. This ceremony is completely ingrained in Indian customs and beliefs and is one of the main most enjoyable celebrations before the wedding. On this day mehndi is applied on the hands and feet of not only the bride but in many parts of India on the groom. In fact, the mehndi applied to the bride is very artistic and beautifully designed. Attractive and elaborate patterns are done on her hands and feet. The groom generally opts for a simple and basic design since this is taken as a sign of good omen.
Mehndi ceremony is a significant aspect of both Hindu and Muslim weddings in India. Not only during a wedding is the application of mehndi an important custom even during any celebrations whether it is Karva Chauth, or Teej, or Diwali, or Ramzan or any other festival.
Applying mehndi on the hands and feet of the bride before the wedding is an old tradition. On this day the friends of the bride also come and get mehndi applied on their hands as well. The atmosphere is charged with excitement and thrill as all the friends join in the traditional mehndi ceremony. Well trained artisans put traditional patterns of mehndi designs on the bride’s hands and feet.
• A good quality mehndi imparts beautiful color to the hands
• The smell of mehndi act as a potent aphrodisiac
• Not only is this mehndi a strong medicinal herb which has a calm and soothing effect on the stressed nerves of the bride. Application of mehndi helps to relieve anxiety and tension since it cools the body and keeps the nerves from becoming tense.
• Besides its aesthetic value, it has a lot of therapeutic effects. This is the main reason why the leaves of this famous Indian herb are applied on the hands and feet since they have all the nerve endings of the brain.
• Mehndi is a highly antiseptic agent and acts a powerful shield. Mehndi paste protects the person from any viral diseases. Any small cuts or burns or scratches which the couple may sustain easily healed with the application of mehndi.
• It boosts blood circulation in the body and promotes general health
During Indian weddings, a paste of mehndi powder is made with water. Eucalyptus oil, a dash of clove oil and some drops of lemon are also added since these ingredients oils help in darkening the color of mehndi on the body. They also enhance the medicinal properties of mehndi. Since the color and smell of henna remains for days, it adds to the romantic aura of the initial days of the wedding.
Mehndi ceremony is celebrated with a lot of style and show. It energizes the atmosphere with positive vibes and thrill.
You may be interested
Celebrating Karva Chauth by Attracting Positive EnergySaral Marriage - October 26, 2018
Karva Chauth is a Hindu festival celebrated by Indian women. On this day, married women observe a fast for the long life and safety of their husbands.…