A wedding is a moment that every couple cherishes. It is that occasion where the couple, their families and friends are equally excited to make it grand and special. Many things make a wedding special for the bride and the groom, but the blessings of loved ones, and the memories and tokens of their love are the most important. While family members will inevitably end up gifting more ‘traditional’ items, friends can get creative with presents! So, if your female friend is getting married soon, here are some ideas:
1. Holiday: The most popular and appreciated marriage gift that you can give to the bride is a vacation. While she has a honeymoon to look forward to after the wedding, how about planning a special pre-wedding holiday/bachelorette party? This will make sure the bride is rested and ready for her big day. If you want your marriage gift to be pure luxury, gift your friend 4 or 5 sessions at a luxury spa. She will love it!
2. Memory book: Memories are what life is made of. How about gifting your friend a scrapbook of your good times together, with plenty of pages left for her future with her husband? Design the cover beautifully, monogrammed with the bride’s name, and present it to her as a mark of the past and the future. This memory book would later house the various small and big memories of the couple’s married life.
3. For good health: Fitbits, pedometers, gym subscriptions – the options are endless. You can make sure that your friend prioritizes her health even after she is married with this marriage gift. As they say, health is wealth. If your friend is staying in the same city post-wedding, it could be an opportunity for you both to schedule some exercise time together!
4. Spreading fragrance: Friends who are really close and would miss the bride immensely can have a deal with a florist and send her favourite fresh flowers every day for a week or month. This would not only bring a smile to your friend’s place but would also show how much you love and miss your friend.
5. Beverages: Is your friend a caffeine junkie, who needs her morning cup of java to function well? Look no further than a coffee maker and some special coffee beans. This is one marriage gift even her husband will thank you for! Is she more a tea person? How about a package of assorted teas, flavoured teas and herbal teas?
6. Honeymoon special: If you know where your friend is heading off for her honeymoon, how about packing a bag for her with some essential items she will need? This is a thoughtful and useful marriage gift. If it is a beach honeymoon, an oversized sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, and a beach blanket will be much appreciated. If she’s off to the mountains, cute woolen caps, gloves and socks, a smart jacket and body lotion will do the trick. Do include some scented oils and bath gels as she might want to indulge herself on the honeymoon.
7. Subscriptions: Does your friend love a particular magazine? Is she a bookworm? Any sports she’s extremely fond of? Do movies get her going? You can buy her magazine, library or Netflix/Amazon Prime subscriptions, or tickets to sporting events, theatre shows, art exhibitions etc.
You may be interested
Celebrating Karva Chauth by Attracting Positive EnergySaral Marriage - October 26, 2018
Karva Chauth is a Hindu festival celebrated by Indian women. On this day, married women observe a fast for the long life and safety of their husbands.…