A Marriage Certificate is an official statement, which clearly establishes the marital status of a couple. This is a very important document. It is considered as a legal registration of a marriage for the registration of a marriage, you need to approach the office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate under whose jurisdiction the marriage has taken place.
Main purpose of marriage registration certificate
- For obtaining a passport
- For opening a bank account
- For changing one’s maiden name
- For applying for an income certificate
- For an application of visa
Marriage Registration Online
In this internet era, you can now register a marriage certificate online. However, this facility is not available in all Indian states and even in larger cities like Mumbai and Bengaluru. This important facility is available in Delhi. It is best to use an easily accessible email ID to receive all the necessary information when creating a user account on online marriage registration site.
Important Do’s in the marriage registration form
Certain procedures have to follow carefully
- Clearly, mention your district
- Clearly, fill in husband’s details
- Select the ‘Registration of Marriage Certificate’ option
- Fill in the important details required in the Marriage Certificate
- Choose the desired date of appointment
- Select the ‘Submit Application’ option
Procedure for registering your marriage online and getting the certificate
- Log to your state government official website and create a user ID
- Scan the eligibility criteria very carefully
- Scan all the required documents (as mentioned on the official registration website for marriage)
- Fill the online form and submit the scanned documents with care
- A fee (amount to be paid for registration) has to be deposited.
- You can choose a mode of payment. You can make the payment as per your convenience.
- You will receive the copies or details of payment acceptance
- A date will be given for further appointment.
- On the given date it is important that you are present before the AGM along with Husband or Wife with two witnesses
- The witness should also have a PAN Card as well as the proof of residence.
- Take the required documents such as wedding invitation card, adhaar card etc.
- On the same day, your marriage registration will be done and a certificate will be issued.
Don’ts in the marriage registration form
- Do not ignore the procedural instruction
- Fill the details clearly
Documents required for the registration: These documents need to be submitted after being attested by the Gazetted Officer, for acquiring the registration of marriage:
- An application form or a Memorandum of marriage duly signed by the husband and wife.
- A documentary evidence for proof of date of birth of both the parties. This document may be in the form of a matriculation certificate or passport or birth certificate.
- The residence proof of the husband and wife (Ration Card, Aadhar Card, Election Voter Id, PAN Card, or bills like Electricity Bill etc.)
- Two passport size photographs of both the parties and one marriage photograph.
- Marriage invitation card.
- In case of marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act Rs. 100, and in case of marriage Special Marriage Act, Rs. 150, have to be submitted to the cashier of the district and the receipt is to be attached along with the application form.
You may be interested
Celebrating Karva Chauth by Attracting Positive EnergySaral Marriage - October 26, 2018
Karva Chauth is a Hindu festival celebrated by Indian women. On this day, married women observe a fast for the long life and safety of their husbands.…