As the wedding season begins, we frequently hear the phrase ‘wedding bells are ringing’. A lot of people still don’t understand why an upcoming marriage is announced with this phrase! This phrase is used when a proposal is made and the couple decides to get married. However, for your confusion, there are some wedding bells, which actually ring during the wedding ceremony! Generally, the wedding bells are those which are gifted to the visitors and guests of the wedding who ring the bells during a special moment of the wedding. There are 2 different types of wedding bells which have a strong relationship with the Irish and the Celtic history. Here are the significance and importance of the different types of wedding bells which ring during a wedding!
The church bells :
- We all love visiting the church due to the beautiful and huge bells which ring during prayers and special events. Almost all the Christian weddings happen in the church and the wedding bells which ring in the church has a lot to do with the safety and protection of the newlywed couple.
- It is a belief that when a couple gets married, they are quite at risk of evil eye and different dangers. The newlywed couples are soft and easy targets for the evil and thus, to protect them from the danger, the church rings the wedding bells. Just like the other elements of the church, the bells are also considered as holy and pious. Ringing these bells, when a wedding is happening would shower blessings, and will keep the evil away from the couple.
- It is believed that the melodious sound and the holy music of the bells can destroy the evil and will bless the couple. This is why the bells ring with a high intensity during the weddings. The sound of the bells can cover a huge distance which makes people in the surrounding come to know that a wedding is taking place.
- People love to hear the melodious and holy sound of the bells and thus, sometimes the newlywed couples ring the bells together after the completion of the wedding ceremony!
The small gifted wedding bells :
- The precious moments of the wedding become more memorable and beautiful to live when these moments are supported by the background music! As per the traditional Irish culture, the beautiful and small wedding bells gifted to the friends, family members, and guests during the wedding.
- They ring the bells when the couple kisses each other, they make vows and when they happily depart from the wedding venue! This makes the wedding ceremony and all the beautiful moments of the wedding more melodious and lively!
- Nowadays, people decorate these bells with laces, ribbons and present the bells in a very decorative manner to the guests! It is beautiful how these little bells can make the weddings more exciting!
You may be interested
Celebrating Karva Chauth by Attracting Positive EnergySaral Marriage - October 26, 2018
Karva Chauth is a Hindu festival celebrated by Indian women. On this day, married women observe a fast for the long life and safety of their husbands.…