So, have you decided to have a destination wedding? Congratulations! Destination Weddings add a unique charm to an already memorable occasion, Consequently, you have made the right decision. You might be worried about how to plan a wedding in a faraway location, but don’t worry! Follow the steps below and you will be done in no time!
- Do exhaustive research before finalizing the destination. Factors like budget, the distance of the destination from your place, modes of transport available, resort or locale options in the destinations and convenience should be considered before you take a decision.
- Once the destination and the date of the wedding have been decided, inform your guests immediately, even if it is just an informal invitation at this point. Destination weddings are fun for everyone, but travel plans are better made in advance.
- Don’t opt for a boring indoor wedding in a standard function hall in your preferred destination. The entire point of a destination wedding is that the flavour of the place should add to your wedding, so shortlist the locales wisely.
- Prepare a list of wedding planners, either local ones with destination wedding planning experience or planners in the destination itself. The internet is your best friend to identify such professional.
- Visit the destination to pick the perfect locale or resort available. Make sure your chosen wedding planner accompanied you on this visit.
- Make sure your guests are comfortable at your destination wedding. Consider your budget when arranging for guests’ accommodation. That said, don’t accommodate them in non-standard hotels just to save money. Trim your guest list if you have to, but a three-star accommodation is the least of the expectation.
- Indian weddings involve several aspects that need to be provided by separate vendors such as flowers, food, etc. While your wedding planner may have an in-house team or your resort may organize this for you, do ensure to look at some local talent before you take the final call
- Make sure your wedding lehenga or saree is appropriate for the destination. No velvet lehengas on the beach or a chiffon affair in a cold place, please!
- Pack according to your wedding itinerary. Ideally, have a separate package for each occasion like sangeet, mehendi, the wedding and the reception, and put a label on them, before packing them in your suitcase. Weddings are stressful and busy, so be organised for a hassle-free destination wedding.
- Arrive at the venue at least a week in advance to ensure everything is moving along smoothly. If you can’t spare the time, send a trusted friend or relative.
Be sure to keep your suitcase with you while travelling. Try to avoid checking in your suitcase, but if you have to, secure it and label it properly. Carry any jewellery with you, along with the purchase receipts. Also, keep your actual wedding dress into your hand-luggage. Even if there is a baggage disaster, you will have your main ensemble on hand.
You may be interested
Celebrating Karva Chauth by Attracting Positive EnergySaral Marriage - October 26, 2018
Karva Chauth is a Hindu festival celebrated by Indian women. On this day, married women observe a fast for the long life and safety of their husbands.…