If you are a part of a couple in the middle of a distress situation, this article is just for you. The fact that you are reading this also indicates that you love your better half. And, this is the reason you do not want to let go of him or her. So, without wasting time, how about learning about the principles of relationship therapies, and applying them.
So, here is a short summary of each one of them:-
1. Alter your view : Have you heard that quote about seeing the bigger picture. This is all the first therapy is about. Do not restrain yourself from seeing the faults of each other.And, even before that stop the blame game. Rather than basking in the negative thoughts about each other, try to see each other in a positive frame of mind. Becoming more adaptive will do wonders. The relationship psychologist makes sure to fabricate hypothesis after meeting the couples and then provide with the requisite principle to alter the view.
2. Modifying the behavior This the second principle adopted by the therapists. They make sure that the couple does not indulge in actions, which can harm each other. The factors can be psychological, economic or physical harm. The therapist can recommend a particular behavioral therapy in this regards. It will be of immense help to the couple. The therapy can involve anger management or inculcate positive character traits. This is in accordance with the behavior therapy needed.
3. Do not emotionally avoid each other :The therapist makes sure to bring the couples closer together emotionally. The couples are most of the instances in immense fear of expressing their needs and wants emotionally. The result is that they grow distant apart. As a couple, you need to understand that showing your better half that you need him or her, will only strengthen the relationship and not vice versa. It is not being vulnerable. It is the need of love. In the past, either of you might have been in a relationship where you have been scarred. But, this does not mean it will happen again and again.
4. Communicate properly : The therapist also gives the points or procedure to enhance two-way communication. Communicating properly is a two-way process. Both the partners need to give their best for this. You both need to be good listeners as well as good speakers. The therapist makes sure that the conversation does not take a turn to criticizing each other. Hence, accepting each other with an open mind and trying to make it work out between the two of you, is the key.
5. Giving strength to the relationship :The therapist makes sure to involve enjoyment in the relationship therapy. They make sure to focus on emotion and sentiments. This aids in formulating a more optimistic frame of the relationship of the couples.
So, the above are the five principles that the therapist utilize. The principles have proved to do magic on many couples. But, you need to understand that the real magic lies in your heart!
You may be interested
Celebrating Karva Chauth by Attracting Positive EnergySaral Marriage - October 26, 2018
Karva Chauth is a Hindu festival celebrated by Indian women. On this day, married women observe a fast for the long life and safety of their husbands.…